Expertise in Stone
Land Engineering has one of the country's largest masonry
capabilities in the country, delivering the restoration and
refurbishment of traditional stone buildings. Consulting and
building services are provided for all categories of listed
buildings, scheduled ancient monuments and prestigious historic
buildings. We have delivered many projects supported by
organisations such as the Heritage Lottery Fund, Historic Scotland
and National Museums of Scotland.
The leading expertise of our stone masons also extends to new
build cladding projects, where we bring innovative solutions where
natural stone quality finishes are required.
Working alongside architects and main contractors to assist in
design, costing and construction matters, we are able to provide
expertise and advice.
Our clients include universities, museums, churches and
conservation and heritage Trusts, as well as commercial clients,
such as hotel groups and luxury residential developers.
Our services comprise:
- Inspection, appraisal and recommendations, with budget
- Sensitive repair, consolidation and reconstruction of
- Complex stone repairs to highly decorated features
- Fabrication of replacement masonry
- Dismantling, storing and re-erecting historic stone
- Major re-repointing and associated works in traditional
- General building works
For more information, click the sub menu links on the
left of this page.
For more case study examples click here.